Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Power of caring in business.

How the profit motive inhibits wealth creation.

 

Earlier this month, I challenged a long held assumption that has been deeply entrenched for decades in the Anglo-Saxon capitalist model: that human beings are by nature selfish. Indeed, the economic model we have constructed is not only based on that assumption, but encourages and thrives on that behaviour.

Without repeating my earlier arguments, I have always found it interesting how the undeniable logic that benevolent intent is a far more appropriate and sustainable driver for national, company and individual prosperity and well-being, is so readily accepted in discussion with groups of informed people.

In my workshops as a consultant, I found this to be readily so, even amongst hard line capitalist sympathisers.

Watch this excerpt from one of those workshops, and you’ll see what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWFihHm5ZVc&feature=youtu.be

No comments:

Post a Comment